What is Telehealth Therapy
Telehealth therapy addiction treatment involves using technology to deliver healthcare services to patients, removing the need to travel for care. Examples of remote healthcare delivery include telephone-based services, videoconferencing and video visits, texting and virtual chats, smartphone applications, and online, web-based tools. “Telemedicine” is another term used to describe these types of virtual healthcare services. For some, the term telemedicine refers specifically to the medical or clinical use of technology. In contrast, telehealth refers more broadly to various virtual health care services, online therapy, outpatient programs, and telemedicine solutions increasingly available to consumers. Telemedicine is also commonly referred to as e-health, digital medicine, and virtual care.
Programs, services, and treatments vary. We Level Up rehab centers offer inpatient substance abuse treatment coupled with co-occurring dual-diagnosis programs. Presently we do not offer teletherapy sessions. Rather, we treat the entirety of addiction and behavioral health disorders including their secondary corresponding illnesses to improve long-term recovery outcomes in residential inpatient therapy. Get a free health assessment and find out what treatment options are most suitable for you. Call to learn more.
If going to a treatment program in person is inconvenient, impractical, or impossible for yourself or a loved one, consider telemedicine options. We Level Up offers outpatient treatment for alcohol and drug addiction and other mental health conditions through telehealth technologies.
Here is what you need to know about the accessibility and effectiveness of telehealth therapy addiction treatment services for addiction. At We Level Up, we offer Telemedicine for Inpatient and Outpatient Services. Our telemedicine health service is a HIPAA compliant video conferencing system that allows patients to have one-on-one video conference-based visits with their therapists and supporting staff.
What are the benefits of telemedicine therapy addiction treatment ?
- Case management services
- Support from staff for continued care and evaluation
- Individual counseling
- Family counseling
- Addiction education
- Intervention services
Telemedicine therapy treatment for substance abuse and mental health treatment includes:
- Free biopsychosocial assessment upon admission
- Services offered on Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays
- Operating telemedicine sessions from 6 pm-9 pm EST
Importance Of Telemedicine Therapy Addiction Treatment
- Quick access to the care you need: Telemedicine provides fast patient onboarding. Telemedicine can connect patients with the first available doctor within the system. Telemedicine therpay helps to minimize wait times. Instead of waitng and searching to find the first in office available doctor in your area, telemedicine lets you see the first available doctor, period.
- Control the amount of time you spend with your doctor: Telemedicine is perfect for patients looking for quick visits and those who don’t get enough time with their doctors.
- Telemedicine brings cutting-edge (and natural) medicine to all: Conventional medicine can see as one-size-fits-all. It demands patients requiring the ability to visit the doctor’s office and meet a specific schedule. One crucial element of telemedicine is the wide range of individuals it accommodates. Telemedicine is especially important for those who wouldn’t otherwise have access to quality care.
Why Bring Functional Medicine To Telemedicine?
In the spirit of this doctor accessibility, functional medicine online platforms like We Level Up give you direct access to your care specialists. In addition, this platform offers a communication portal to message your counselor, therapist, care concierge, and doctor.
Functional medicine also provides an intense form of holistic patient-centered care. Your doctor spends time getting to know you. Telemedicine lets you form this connection with your doctor from your home rather than a sterile doctor’s office. Telemedicine accommodates your best interest, just like functional medicine.
Finally, functional medicine might not currently be available in your area. Telemedicine gives you access to quality functional medicine no matter your location.
How Does Virtual Healthcare Work?
Telehealth therapy addiction treatment delivery and care management have evolved dramatically over the years. Virtual healthcare delivery varies by the types of services the patient needs. Device and digital technologies access in the home environment also affects telemedicine therapy capability. Two of the most common forms of telemedicine include:
- Patient portals: Most medical and healthcare providers offer digital care management through patient portals accessed via the web. With a username and password protection, these interactive, web-based accounts allow patients to review their health history, exchange emails with their healthcare provider, request medication refills, schedule appointments, and view lab or test results.
- Virtual appointments: Rather than a face-to-face medical visit or therapy session, virtual meetings allow healthcare providers and mental health professionals to deliver treatment or counseling over the phone or through video conferencing. Video conferences are typically conducted from the patient’s home. Still, the patient might be required to drive to the clinic or office for a virtual appointment with a specialist in some situations. Delivery methods for virtual patient care and online therapy sessions vary, but HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) compliance is a must. HIPAA was passed by Congress in 1996 and requires the protection and confidential handling of patient information and protected health records.
Telemedicine Therapy Addiction Treatment Services
Telemedicine services were created to provide patient care in remote or rural communities or areas where certain medical or specialized care types were unavailable. In addition, some telemedicine solutions were developed to reach people with mobility or transportation challenges. Today telemedicine solutions provide convenient, patient-centered health care for a multitude of medical and mental health needs.
How Many Patients Use Telemedicine?
According to the American Hospital Association , 76 percent of U.S. hospitals connect with patients and consulting practitioners at a distance through the use of video and other mobile or web technology. But according to a J.D. Power pulse survey, only 9.6% of Americans have used telehealth services. Furthermore, nearly 75% of those surveyed responded that they either do not have access to telemedicine options or are unaware of virtual health services.
Online Therapy Addiction & Mental Health Treatment Cost
The cost of online telemedicine addiction and mental health therapy or online counseling depends on the health care provider and the services needed. Consider, too, that costs associated with online therapy sessions could include medications prescribed and other expenses. As a general rule, telehealth services are less expensive than a typical office visit.
Needed For Telemedicine Therapy Addiction & Mental Health Treatment
- A cell phone or laptop with a camera to operate Zoom software in which you can download for free from your web browser
- Internet access to connect the application
- Log in credentials provided by your therapist, who will assist you with connecting
Where Can I Find Telehealth Treatment for Substance Abuse?
We Level Up presently does not provide telehealth addiction treatment options for individuals needing an outpatient level of addiction treatment (compared with an on-site residential or inpatient treatment program).
However, our insurance-eligible inpatient treatment programs use HIPAA-compliant technology platform to ensure patient accessibility and privacy.
At We Level Up Treatment Center, we provide world-class care with round-the-clock medical professionals available to help you cope. While presently we do not offer Telemedicine therapy programs our programs cater to severe and complex aspects of inpatient treatment. Make this your opportunity to reclaim your life. Call today to speak with one of our treatment specialists. Our specialists understand what you are going through and will answer any of your questions.
Your call is private and confidential, and there is never any obligation.
 ‘www.aha.org/aha-search?search_api_fulltext=TELEMEDICINE American Hospital Association – AHA Search | AHAAHA Search | AHA