Do you know what does alcohol do to your body? After a month of drinking? Alcohol is a Central Nervous System Depressant that works by slowing down parts of the brain and results in impaired cognitive function. The abuse of this substance does serious damage to our physical and mental health that can be permanent.
That’s why quitting drinking can provide multiple benefits to our bodies and help us to overcome those difficult situations we may find ourselves in. Do you know what a Month Without Alcohol Does to Your Body? Let’s list some of the benefits.
Top 5 Benefits of Quitting Drinking.
What does alcohol do to your body? And why quitting is so important. Top 5 benefits to stop drinking now.
- Improve sleep quality: Alcohol can disrupt the REM phase and slow-wave sleep phase. By quitting alcohol you can improve your quality of sleep and feel brighter and more alert each morning.
- Reduce your blood pressure: High blood pressure is linked to alcohol consumption. Alcohol abuse can cause serious heart diseases over time, as having more than three drinks in one sitting temporarily raises your blood pressure.
- Feel better: In just as little as a month trying to quit, reducing or elimiating your alcohol consumption, you can notice a big improvement. You may not realize how often or how much alcohol you drink until aren’t drinking. A month without alcohol can help you to realize how much alcohol you are consuming. You will feel better mentally and physically when you quit. Just give it a single month to start.
- Your stomach will thank you: Alcohol irritates your digestive system and can cause symptoms such as indigestion and acid reflux. These symptoms can reduce your capacity to absorb nutrients and store vitamins and minerals. A month without alcohol will these symptoms and improve your stomach health.
- Liver relief: It’s well known that those who drink excessively can eventually suffer from cirrhosis of the liver. One month without alcohol will allay your liver and allow it to focus on detoxing your body from alcohol and any other substances, improving your health.
Need help to stop drinking alcohol?
We Level Up Treatment Center provides world-class care with round-the-clock medical professionals available to help you cope. We work as an integrated team providing Alcoholism Treatment for successful recovery. Make this your opportunity to reclaim your life. Call today to speak with one of our treatment specialists. Our specialists know what you are going through and will answer any of your questions.
Your call is private and confidential and there is never any obligation.