Sober Holiday Season: 6 Tips to Get Through it
- 1 Sober Holiday Season: 6 Tips to Get Through it
- 1.1 Overcoming an addiction can be difficult. However, many people find that staying sober is even more difficult. Many people are tempted to use substances during the holidays. Fortunately, there are many things that you can do in order to stay on course during your first sober holiday season.
- 1.2 Get Your Life Back
- 1.3 Get Help. Get Better. Get Your Life Back.
- 1.4 First-class Treatment Centers, Therapy, Activities & Amenities
- 1.5 Proven recovery success experience, backed by a Team w/ History of:
- 1.6 World-class, Accredited, 5-Star Reviewed, Effective Addiction & Mental Health Programs. Complete Behavioral Health Inpatient Rehab, Detox plus Co-occuring Disorders Therapy.
- 1.7 Start a New Life
- 1.8 We’ll Call You
Overcoming an addiction can be difficult. However, many people find that staying sober is even more difficult. Many people are tempted to use substances during the holidays. Fortunately, there are many things that you can do in order to stay on course during your first sober holiday season.
1. Commitment to a Sober Holiday
You’ve already made a commitment to stay sober, but dedicate some time to reinforcing that commitment to yourself during this time. Everything starts with the mind, and repetition and rewards will continue to program you to stay on a positive track. Make a promise to yourself to stay sober through the holidays, and think of a healthy reward for when you do.
Get Your Life Back
Find Hope & Recovery. Get Safe Comfortable Detox, Addiction Rehab & Dual Diagnosis High-Quality Care.Hotline (844) 597-1011
2. Sober Holiday allow us to Feel the Joy of the Season
The holiday season is something to be excited about. You don’t need to have substances to enjoy this time. Begin to think about all of the foods that you can enjoy, and how incredible it will feel to enjoy the celebrations without a hangover, side effects, pain, and regrets. If you think about all of the benefits of staying sober during the holidays, then it can be a lot easier for you to achieve it.
3. Stay Connected With Your Support System during your Sober Holiday
One of the best things that you can do to keep yourself un-triggered is to have a strong support system. If you are tempted to use it, turning to a support system can be a saving grace. Those who support and understand you best can also offer a safe place to celebrate if you opt to decline invitations to gatherings that don’t feel good for your recovery.
Get Help. Get Better. Get Your Life Back.
Searching for an Accredited Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers in Near You?
Even if you have failed previously and relapsed, or are in the middle of a difficult crisis, we stand ready to support you. Our trusted behavioral health specialists will not give up on you. When you feel ready or just want someone to speak to about therapy alternatives to change your life call us. Even if we cannot assist you, we will lead you to wherever you can get support. There is no obligation. Call our hotline today.FREE Addiction Hotline – Call 24/7
4. Get Your Sobriety Toolbox Together
Put together a list of things that help you keep your stress level under control. Stress is one of the most common triggers for turning back to substance abuse. There are many holistic helpers for stress, such as peppermint and lavender oil, soothing tea, or even a handwritten reminder. Create the perfect sobriety toolbox that offers you comfort and relief.
First-class Treatment Centers, Therapy, Activities & Amenities
World-class High-Quality Addiction & Mental Health Rehabilitation TreatmentRehab Centers Tour
Renowned Behavioral Centers. Serene Private Facilities. Inpatient rehab programs vary.Addiction Helpline (844) 597-1011
Proven recovery success experience, backed by a Team w/ History of:
- 15+ Years Experience
- 100s of 5-Star Reviews
- 10K+ Recovery Successes
- Low Patient to Therapist Ratio
- Onsite Medical Detox Center
- Comprehensive Dual-Diagnosis Treatment
- Complimentary Family & Alumni Programs
- Coaching, Recovery & Personal Development Events
5. Have a Sober Holiday Plan
The people around you may still enjoy substances during the holidays, or may trigger you in another way. That is why it is important for you to have a plan for dealing with this. If you are tempted, you can call your support system or plan to attend a local meeting. You can have your sponsor on speed-dial, memorize a breathing technique, or go to a friend’s house who is aware of your situation.
World-class, Accredited, 5-Star Reviewed, Effective Addiction & Mental Health Programs. Complete Behavioral Health Inpatient Rehab, Detox plus Co-occuring Disorders Therapy.CALL (844) 597-1011
End the Addiction Pain. End the Emotional Rollercoaster. Get Your Life Back. Start Drug, Alcohol & Dual Diagnosis Mental Health Treatment Now. Get Free No-obligation Guidance by Substance Abuse Specialists Who Understand Addiction & Mental Health Recovery & Know How to Help.
6. Treat Yourself during your Sober Holiday
It isn’t easy to overcome an addiction, and can be difficult to have a sober holiday. Celebrate yourself and your sobriety by treating yourself around the holiday season. Eat your favorite foods, get a massage, or think of a few things that you consider exciting and rewarding. You can also make a gratitude list, and internally celebrate the amazing person you are.
Get in touch with us for additional support during this time.
Start a New Life
Begin with a free call to an addiction & behavioral health treatment advisor. Learn more about our dual-diagnosis programs. The We Level Up treatment center network delivers recovery programs that vary by each treatment facility. Call to learn more.
- Personalized Care
- Caring Accountable Staff
- World-class Amenities
- Licensed & Accredited
- Renowned w/ 100s 5-Star Reviews