Adderall Erectile Dysfunction
Adderall and Viagra. Adderall Addiction. Can Adderall Cause Erectile Dysfunction?
What is Adderall Erectile Dysfunction?
Erectile dysfunction (ED) is a common type of male sexual dysfunction. It is when a man has trouble getting or keeping an erection. ED becomes more common as you get older. But it’s not a natural part of aging.  Many medicines and recreational drugs can affect a man’s sexual arousal and sexual performance. What causes erection problems in one man may not affect another man. Adderall erectile dysfunction may occur likely in someone who misuses the drug. According to FDA, Adderall’s adverse effects include impotence and changes in libido. 
Adderall is a brand name for the combination of dextroamphetamine and amphetamine. It’s a prescription drug used principally for ADHD treatment or to treat narcolepsy (daytime sleepiness). The medication adjusts certain naturally occurring chemicals in your brain by enhancing the effects of neurotransmitters such as dopamine and norepinephrine. However, the combination of dextroamphetamine and amphetamine can be habit-forming and may cause Adderall addiction.
If you or a loved one struggles with substance abuse with Adderall, call today to speak with one of We Level Up treatment specialists. We will help you explore treatment options.
Can Adderall Cause Erectile Dysfunction?
Yes. Erectile dysfunction (ED) is a possible side effect for people taking Adderall. Some people report a lowered interest in sex and problem getting and keeping an erection. Unfortunately, this can cause distress and embarrassment in sexual performance for some.
Get Your Life Back
Find Hope & Recovery. Get Safe Comfortable Detox, Addiction Rehab & Dual Diagnosis High-Quality Care.Hotline (844) 597-1011
Additional Adderall Side Effects
Adderall is a combination of Dextroamphetamine and amphetamine that may cause side effects. Tell your doctor if any of these symptoms are severe or do not go away:
- Changes in sex drive or ability
- Painful menstrual cramps
- Dry mouth
- Weight loss
Some Adderall side effects can be serious. If you experience any of the following symptoms or those listed in the IMPORTANT WARNING section, call your doctor immediately or get emergency medical treatment:
- Slow or difficult speech
- Weakness or numbness of an arm or leg
- Motor or verbal tics
- Teeth grinding
- Believing things that are not true
- Feeling unusually suspicious of others
- Hallucinating (seeing things or hearing voices that do not exist)
- Agitation, hallucinations (seeing things or hearing voices that do not exist), fever, sweating, confusion, fast heartbeat, shivering, severe muscle stiffness or twitching, loss of coordination, nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea
- Mania (frenzied or abnormally excited mood)
- Changes in vision or blurred vision
- Paleness or blue color of fingers or toes
- Pain, numbness, burning, or tingling in the hands or feet
- Unexplained wounds appearing on fingers or toes
- Blistering or peeling skin
- Swelling of the eyes, face, tongue, or throat
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing
Get Help. Get Better. Get Your Life Back.
Searching for an Accredited Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers in Near You?
Even if you have failed previously and relapsed, or are in the middle of a difficult crisis, we stand ready to support you. Our trusted behavioral health specialists will not give up on you. When you feel ready or just want someone to speak to about therapy alternatives to change your life call us. Even if we cannot assist you, we will lead you to wherever you can get support. There is no obligation. Call our hotline today.FREE Addiction Hotline – Call 24/7
Adderall Overdose Symptoms
If the victim has collapsed, had a seizure, has trouble breathing, or can’t be awakened, immediately call emergency services at 911. The symptoms of Adderall overdose are:
- Aggressive behavior
- Feelings of panic
- Hallucination (seeing things or hearing voices that do not exist)
- Fast breathing
- Uncontrollable shaking of a part of the body
- Dark red or cola-colored urine
- Muscle weakness or aching
- Tiredness or weakness
- Fast or irregular heartbeat
- Blurred vision
- Upset stomach
- Coma (loss of consciousness for a period of time)
Possible Causes of Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
Symptoms of ED include:
- Being able to get an erection sometimes, but not every time you want to have sex
- Being able to get an erection, but not having it last long enough for sex
- Being unable to get an erection at any time
The following diseases and conditions  can lead to Erectile Dysfunction:
- Type 2 diabetes
- Heart and blood vessel disease
- High blood pressure
- Chronic kidney disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Peyronie’s disease
- Injury from treatments for prostate cancer, including radiation therapy and prostate surgery
- Injury to the penis, spinal cord, prostate, bladder, or pelvis
- Surgery for bladder cancer
Men who have diabetes are two to three times more likely to develop ED than men who do not have diabetes.***
ED can be a side effect of many common medicines, such as:
- Blood pressure medicines
- Antiandrogens—medicines used for prostate cancer therapy
- Tranquilizers, or prescription sedatives—medicines that make you calmer or sleepy
- Appetite suppressants, or medicines that make you less hungry
- Ulcer medicines
First-class Facilities & Amenities
World-class High-Quality Addiction & Mental Health Rehabilitation TreatmentRehab Centers Tour
Renowned Addiction Centers. Serene Private Facilities. Inpatient rehab programs vary.Addiction Helpline (844) 597-1011
Proven recovery success experience, backed by a Team w/ History of:
- 15+ Years Experience
- 100s of 5-Star Reviews
- 10K+ Recovery Successes
- Low Patient to Therapist Ratio
- Onsite Medical Detox Center
- Comprehensive Dual-Diagnosis Treatment
- Complimentary Family & Alumni Programs
- Coaching, Recovery & Personal Development Events
Psychological or emotional factors may make ED worse. You may develop ED if you have one or more of the following:
Managing Adderall and Erectile Dysfunction
Although you are more likely to develop ED as you age, aging does not cause ED. ED can be treated at any age. Talk to your health care provider if you think that a drug is having a negative effect on your sexual performance. Never stop taking any medication without first talking to your provider. Some medications may lead to life-threatening reactions if you do not take care when stopping or changing them.
Adderall withdrawal is different for everyone. Your withdrawal experience will depend on a number of factors, including the nature of your Adderall use. If you have a stimulant use disorder (Adderall addiction), then there will be additional issues to contend with in the weeks following your last dose.
World-class, Accredited, 5-Star Reviewed, Effective Addiction & Mental Health Programs. Complete Behavioral Health Inpatient Rehab, Detox plus Co-occuring Disorders Therapy.CALL (844) 597-1011
End the Addiction Pain. End the Emotional Rollercoaster. Get Your Life Back. Start Drug, Alcohol & Dual Diagnosis Mental Health Treatment Now. Get Free No-obligation Guidance by Substance Abuse Specialists Who Understand Addiction & Mental Health Recovery & Know How to Help.
Adderall addiction or overusing the drug, then stopping abruptly may also cause symptoms of withdrawal, such as:
- Feeling uneasy
- Sleep problems, whether insomnia (trouble falling or staying asleep) or sleeping too much
- Anxiety and irritability
- Panic Attacks
- Fatigue or lack of energy
- Suicidal thoughts
For anyone who suffers from Adderall addiction, just the thought of having to stop using can cause severe mental distress. Fortunately, the medical detox process is managed with the help of a medical detox center. In addition, a comprehensive team prescribing medications can alleviate your withdrawal pains while monitoring your health 24 hours. Thus, assuring both your safety and comfort. 
Adderall and Viagra
Adderall and erectile dysfunction drugs like Viagra aren’t contraindicated, meaning it’s not restricted to taking them together, and no adverse interactions have been reported between Adderall and Viagra. But that doesn’t mean interactions aren’t possible. If you’d like to take an ED med like Viagra with Adderall, you must first speak to your physician to benefit from their expert opinion.
Adderall Addiction Treatment
Stimulants are very strong, and in some cases, they can cause serious side effects. These drugs can also be addictive. For this reason, Adderall is a controlled substance. It has a high potential for abuse and dependence. You should never take this drug without a prescription. Using it without a prescription and your doctor’s supervision can be dangerous.
Adderall withdrawal is dangerous and addiction is a complex issue that requires long-term treatment – not a quick fix. Therefore, the first step in overcoming Adderall addiction is to seek help from your medical provider or a trained professional. Clearing prescription drugs from the body and overcoming withdrawal symptoms is the goal of detox, which is the first step of treatment for Adderall addiction.
We Level Up center’s thorough approach to rehabilitation supports several levels of care to ensure the best possible outcome for every client who enters our doors. Make this your opportunity to reclaim your life from Adderall Erectile Dysfunction. Call today to speak with one of our treatment specialists. We will help you explore addiction treatment options. Your call is private and confidential, and there is never any obligation.
Start a New Life
Begin with a free call to an addiction & behavioral health treatment advisor. Learn more about our dual-diagnosis programs. The We Level Up treatment center network delivers recovery programs that vary by each treatment facility. Call to learn more.
- Personalized Care
- Caring Accountable Staff
- World-class Amenities
- Licensed & Accredited
- Renowned w/ 100s 5-Star Reviews
We’ll Call You
 Erectile Dysfunction – U.S. Department of Health and Human Services National Institutes of Health
 ADDERALL® (CII) – The Food and Drug Administration is available from: https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2007/011522s040lbl.pdf
[3-4] Symptoms & Causes of Erectile Dysfunction – National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK) available from: https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/urologic-diseases/erectile-dysfunction/symptoms-causes
 Adderall Addiction by We Level Up FL
Table of Contents
- 1 Adderall Erectile Dysfunction
- 1.1 Adderall and Viagra. Adderall Addiction. Can Adderall Cause Erectile Dysfunction?
- 1.2 What is Adderall Erectile Dysfunction?
- 1.3 Additional Adderall Side Effects
- 1.4 Possible Causes of Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- 1.5 Managing Adderall and Erectile Dysfunction
- 1.6 Adderall and Viagra
- 1.7 Adderall Addiction Treatment